For years we have known about the harmful effects of asbestos. It was a flame retardant substance used for multiple purposes for decades. It was commonly used in various building materials until the US banned it. Homes built before 1982 need to be tested for asbestos-based or contaminated materials.
Where asbestos may be found:
- Attic and wall insulation produced containing vermiculite
- Vinyl floor tiles and the backing on vinyl sheet flooring and adhesives
- Roofing and siding shingles
- Textured paint and patching compounds used on wall and ceilings
- Walls and floors around wood-burning stoves protected with asbestos paper, millboard, or cement sheets
- Hot water and steam pipes coated with asbestos material or covered with an asbestos blanket or tape
- Oil and coal furnaces and door gaskets with asbestos insulation
- Heat-resistant fabrics
- Automobile clutches and brakes
Three of the major health effects associated with asbestos exposure are:
- Lung cancer
- Mesothelioma: a rare form of cancer that is found in the thin lining of the lung, chest and the abdomen and heart
- Asbestosis: a serious progressive, long-term, non-cancer disease of the lungs
Properly removing the contaminated areas are critical. If you think you may have asbestos in your home or building, testing the material before any demo or remodeling is needed. Contact us if you have any concerns about asbestos at (480) 981-1131.
Have an Emergency? Call us 24/7 at (480) 981-1131. Submit the form below for more info.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don't just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
"We have had many of our clients contact Aaron & First Choice Restoration for different jobs over time and they always take great care of us. Great customer service and quick response is something that pushes them ahead of anyone. They do high-quality work and listen to what the customer is needing and wanting. I highly recommend First Choice Restoration to everyone that I know."
"We just had our 1st water damage happen yesterday in our home, called 1st Choice Restoration immediately since we met Aaron & Jana, the owners who are apart of our Networking360 Family and the entire crew came within the 30 mins-hour. After 3 hours, everything wet was taken out! I cannot say enough about this company! Hands down professional, on time, hard workers, very educated and extremely blessed to have them here! Make sure to call them for any water, fire, mold & other home damages! You'll be so happy you did! Thank you Aaron and Jana for everything! - Melina Shah & Thomas Evans "
"These guys are the best! On two separate occasions I was in need of a restoration company. Once from storm damage and once from a fire. Their work is outstanding and they work very well with the insurance carrier. Highly recommend."