Have an Emergency? Call us 24/7 at (480) 981-1131. Submit the form below for more info.
First Choice Restoration Inc.
As a leader in the industry since 1992, First Choice Restoration provides full service residential and commercial restoration services. Under new ownership, we specialize in the insurance claims process and work directly with all insurance carriers.
MOLD DAMAGE REMEDIATION
Mold can be found in almost any type of environment. Any type of standing water or water intrusion can lead to a mold growth problem when not immediately taken care of. First Choice Restoration has fully certified mold professionals who can come and provide a free evaluation on-site for your mold remediation project. Our technicians follow strict guidelines as set by the Indoor Air Quality Association.
MOLD DETECTION, REMOVAL AND REPAIR
What exactly is mold?
Simply put, molds are fungi. They can be found in almost every environment on Earth. Mold plays an important role in the eco system helping to recycle nutrients back into the environment. A wide variety of molds produce harmful toxins that can have negative impacts on your health.
When water damage is not immediately rectified mold growth can begin to form and cause lots serious health issues. Symptoms caused by mold allergy can be watery or itchy eyes, chronic cough, headaches or migraines, difficulty breathing, rashes, tiredness, sinus problems, or nasal blockage. If you notice a change in the health of a person or pet on the property it is important to call in a water damage restoration professional to help remediate your mold problem.
Mold exists everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. It prefers warmth and high humidity and must have moisture to grow and reproduce. Mold spores that reach the indoor environment are able to grow on any organic surface. These spores lie dormant until temperatures and moisture are right for them to grow and multiply. During the growth stage, molds sometimes produce toxins that become airborne. Dormant spores also can be released into the air from dry surfaces. Humans who breathe mold spores or toxins may become ill.
One sign of excessive mold is a strong, musty odor. Sometimes the mold is visible, but often it grows undetected. Where mold exists, there may an underlying water problem. Because mold causes the gradual deterioration of the object on which it grows, it is important not to delay in taking action and beginning the mold removal process.
FULLY CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
While it is possible for individuals to clean small areas that are easily accessible, larger areas of mold are best left to mold removal professionals. Further, anyone who is susceptible to the harmful effects of mold spores or toxins should not attempt mold removal. Well-trained and well-equipped mold removal technicians can perform the work safely and efficiently. They have the knowledge and tools to contain mold spores so that your home or business is not further contaminated by mold removal and clean-up efforts.
As a trained Phoenix restoration company we will use all the proper personal protection equipment. We are familiar with the best procedures to clean, dry and restore materials that can be salvaged. Our qualified technicians know how to detect the source of moisture problems and can recommend or institute remedies. They also are skilled in decontaminating areas that may have been polluted by sewage or other harmful types of moisture.
First Choice Restoration provides trained technicians certified by IICRC/IAQ. IICRC is an international non-profit organization, which tests technicians who provide inspection, cleaning and restoration services. Only those technicians who meet stringent standards obtain certification. First Choice Restoration technicians also complete courses to certify in indoor air quality, or “IAQ.” This important aspect qualifies them to test and preserve air quality, remedy any mold problems that may exist in heating and air conditioning systems and remove mold particles that may become airborne.
For mold removal in Phoenix and outlying areas, look no further than First Choice Restoration. We are a local company that has the expertise to provide the quality services you crave. Our certified mold removal technicians are available around the clock every day of the year at any time.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don't just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
"We have had many of our clients contact Aaron & First Choice Restoration for different jobs over time and they always take great care of us. Great customer service and quick response is something that pushes them ahead of anyone. They do high-quality work and listen to what the customer is needing and wanting. I highly recommend First Choice Restoration to everyone that I know."Robert Habeeb
"We just had our 1st water damage happen yesterday in our home, called 1st Choice Restoration immediately since we met Aaron & Jana, the owners who are apart of our Networking360 Family and the entire crew came within the 30 mins-hour. After 3 hours, everything wet was taken out! I cannot say enough about this company! Hands down professional, on time, hard workers, very educated and extremely blessed to have them here! Make sure to call them for any water, fire, mold & other home damages! You'll be so happy you did! Thank you Aaron and Jana for everything! - Melina Shah & Thomas Evans "Melina Shaw
"These guys are the best! On two separate occasions I was in need of a restoration company. Once from storm damage and once from a fire. Their work is outstanding and they work very well with the insurance carrier. Highly recommend."Jody Harwood
We Also Do
Frequently Asked Questions
What To Do When You Find Mold In a Building
When a property owner finds harmful mold in their building it can be detrimental to their health and living conditions, which is why it is so important to address the threat immediately. While mold may be a beneficial component in an outdoor environment, it is to be avoided indoors. This microscopic fungus can grow on just about any surface so long as it is exposed to oxygen and moisture. From carpeting and furniture to insulation and windows, all aspects of a building can fall victim to its exposure.
Why is fungus such an unwanted guest?
Without detection, the dreaded fungus can be forming due to tiny, airborne spores. In the proper environment they reproduce and cause damage rather quickly. If not addressed or prevented altogether the affected surfaces can see minor to severe cosmetic damage. The impact can be deeper when found on more absorbent materials, such as carpet and drywall.
The human impact of the resulting allergens can vary from allergy-like symptoms such as runny nose, irritated eyes, and sore throat, to more severe respiratory difficulties and skin rashes. The symptoms may be noticeable right away or may develop over time, depending upon the length of exposure and extent of growth.
Are there initial DIY strategies I can start with that will help?
Upon discovering an issue of mold in a building, it is imperative to start the clean-up process immediately. While locating a trained mold remediation professional should be the first step, there are things the property owner can do to slow or stop the damage until the pro arrives. These include:
- Reducing humidity to 30-60%
- Ensure adequate ventilation in high moisture spaces such as bathrooms and laundry rooms, including checking and using exhaust fans and windows (if the outside humidity is lower than the inside humidity) to eliminate condensation.
- Repair plumbing leaks or other water issues and dry the affected area utilizing air movers, dehumidifiers, and open windows when weather permits.
- Clean hard surfaces with soap and water and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Determine whether softer, porous materials such as carpeting, ceiling tiles, or upholstery are salvageable. Clean and dry the materials thoroughly when possible.
- Refrain from repainting or caulking any impacted surfaces until it has been treated by a professional.
What happens when a professional is on the scene?
Upon arrival the technician will get to work on assessing the extent of the problem as it is important to work quickly to control the damage and costs that can continue to rise. Their clean-up techniques will include:
- Ensuring any sources of moisture have been resolved and checking ventilation in the space.
- Set-up additional drying equipment.
- Clean and apply a disinfectant on any surfaces with fungus remaining and remove those that have irreversible damage, such as drywall, insulation, and flooring.
- Provide guidance on the cleaning of expensive and/or more delicate personal items.
- Monitor and test air quality utilizing high-efficiency particulate air filtration.
- Ensure the building is protected against future water problems and fungus contamination.
Why hire a professional in the Phoenix area?
The Phoenix area technician that is hired to address mold in the building should be trained and educated in mold remediation and restoration. This will ensure they follow proper testing and inspection techniques, as well as methods for restoring the space and the items within it. It is important to look for firms displaying the IICRC logo, as it communicates the strict standards and ethics they must abide by on the job. Continuing education and testing on current methods, liability insurance, and performing their duties with integrity and the utmost quality of workmanship are all requirements of the IICRC to maintain certification. Entrusting a knowledgeable professional with the job will provide property owners with the peace of mind that their space will be back to normal as quickly as possible.
First Choice Restoration Inc.
1310 N Mondel Dr.
Gilbert, AZ 85233
Office: (480) 981-1131